We also have over 30 iPods at Epsom Primary and these are used in the grade p-2 classes. So it has been my job to update them to the latest software available. I thought I would use xCode however I had to find out what version of software was needed for each iPod as we have gen 2,3 and 4 iPods. In hindsight I should have plugged into iTunes and it would say what was available and which ones were already updated as much as they could be done.
My first problem was that they were all very flat and had to be charged for quite some time. I made sure when they were charged that they were turned completely off to preserve the battery power.
I think I’ll just start again and plug them in to iTunes and see what is needed as I didn’t get far on my first attempt.